It is not necessary to register a new domain name for shortening links if you own one that works properly. Create a subdomain using a domain you already have.
Learn the instruction on how to add and configure a GoDaddy subdomain to shorten links.
1. Go to the GoDaddy account to the "Domains" page > Click "Manage DNS" next to the needed domain.
2. Add 2 records:
- A record; your subdomain Host; 126.96.36.199 IP address (it connects GoDaddy and Short.io).
- A record; your subdomain Host; 188.8.131.52 IP address.
4. Go to your Short.io account.
5. Open the User menu and choose "Add a domain.
6. Choose the third option — Add my own domain
7. Specify a domain and confirm that this domain is dedicated only for shortening links.
8. Go to your domain settings to check if the domain is active. Refresh a domain status in 1-2 hours if the domain is still inactive.
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.io domain settings.
9. After the domain is active, feel free to shorten links and enjoy Short.io.
The video guide helps to configure a GoDaddy subdomain.