It is not necessary to register a new domain name for shortening links if you own one that works properly. Create a subdomain using a domain you already have.
Before using Cloudflare for a subdomain, enable the service for your main domain.
When your main domain is active in Cloudflare, add a subdomain.
1. Log into your Cloudflare account.
2. Select your domain.
3. Select the DNS icon.
4. Add two A-records:
- A-record; your subdomain Host; 184.108.40.206 IP address.
- A-record; your subdomain Host; 220.127.116.11 IP address.
5. Go to your Short.io account.
6. Open the User menu and choose "Add a domain.
7. Choose the third option — Add my own domain
8. Specify a domain and confirm that this domain is dedicated only for shortening links.
9. Go to your domain settings to check if the domain is active.
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.io domain settings.
10. After the domain is active, feel free to shorten links and enjoy Short.io.
The video guide helps to configure a subdomain.