It is not necessary to register a new domain name for shortening links if you own one that works properly. Create a subdomain using a domain you already have.
Before using Cloudflare for a subdomain, enable the service for your main domain.
When your main domain is active in Cloudflare, add a subdomain.
1. Log into your Cloudflare account.
2. Select the DNS icon.
3. Add two A-records:
- A-record; your subdomain Host; 188.8.131.52 IP address.
- A-record; your subdomain Host; 184.108.40.206 IP address.
4. Go to your Short.io account.
5. Open the User menu and choose "Add a domain.
6. Choose the third option — Add my own domain
7. Specify a domain and confirm that this domain is dedicated only for shortening links.
8. Go to your domain settings to check if the domain is active.
Important: Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.io domain settings.
9. After the domain is active, feel free to shorten links and enjoy Short.io.
The video guide helps to configure a subdomain.