The “Link expiration” feature redirects users to a new destination URL after an old one has expired. It happens without changing the short link.
You set a long link and the time when it should be updated. When the link loses its relevance, users are automatically redirected to a new destination URL.
If you do not set the expiration URL, customers will face an error page with the following message: “THE LINK YOU ARE TRYING TO ACCESS HAS EXPIRED.”
Note: Link expiration requires the Personal plan, as a minimum.
1. Log in to Short.io.
2. Shorten a link. Click on 'Set expiration date' icon
- If a link is already created, open the page for editing.
3. Choose the "Set expiration date" tab.
4. Specify the date and time, when the link is expired
5. Input a new destination URL to the "Expiration URL" field.