Most companies send notifications to their customers via SMS. Since SMS messages are limited with the number of characters, and sending a few ones is expensive, use a shortening service to save space for the text.
You may configure SMS marketing with short links via Zapier by setting up Short.cm & Twilio integration. It allows sending text messages with short links and a piece of text.
An example of the SMS looks like:
Follow the instruction below to create Short.io and Twilio Zap.
1. Go to Zapier.
2. Choose Make a Zap.
3. Search for Short.cm and click its icon.
4. Turn on trigger and continue.
5. If you configure this Zap for the first time, you need to connect your Short.cm account.
6. Go to your Short.io account or straight to https://app.short.io/settings/integrations/api-key
7. Open User Menu.
8. Choose the "Integrations & API" tab.
9. Copy the API key.
10. Paste the API key to connect Short.cm account. Continue.
11. After an account is on, continue.
12. Choose a domain and continue.
13. Pick a sample of the link to test.
14. Now you need to add an action. Search for Twilio and click its icon.
15. Choose "Send SMS" and continue.
16. Connect Twilio account.
17. Log into your Twilio account and find "API Credentials" on this page https://www.twilio.com/user/account/settings
18. When account is on, continue.
19. Be attentive, and fill in all the required fields.
20. Send a test to make sure you've made a correct setup.
21. Turn on your Zap.
Note: Your personal data is firmly secured on Short.io. We privately store the personal information and never share it with third-party services.