It is not necessary to register a new domain name for shortening links if you own one that works properly. Create a subdomain using a domain you already own.
Learn the instruction on how to configure a subdomain on Hostinger for shortening links on Short.io or go straight to the video guide.
1. Go to your Hostinger account.
2. Click "Manage" next to your domain.
3. Open the "DNS Zone" tab.
4. Click on Add new in the A-record area > Add two A records:
- your subdomain Host; 18.104.22.168 IP address;
- your subdomain Host; 22.214.171.124 IP address
5. Go to your Short.io account.
6. Open the User menu and choose "Add a domain".
7. Choose the third option — Add my own domain
8. Specify a domain and confirm that this domain is dedicated only for shortening links.
9. Go to the Short.io domain settings to check if the domain is active. Wait a few hours and refresh a domain status in Short.io domain settings.
10. After the domain is active, feel free to shorten links and enjoy Short.io.